Each game is 40 minutes running time, except for the last 30 seconds of the 1st half and the last minute of the 2nd half. The entire game with halftime should be a total of 50 minutes . Please come 10 minutes before your game is scheduled to begin .
We play rain or shine
There will be no Overtime in the regular season. Playoffs will be decided be the team with the percentage of winning records. The top 4 teams in each divisions will make the playoffs. If teams are tied the tie breaker will be first head to head records . if the teams are still tied we will do records vs playoff teams and then after that result to a coin toss.
In the playoffs: Overtime – will be college style rules- each team will start from the 50 yard line, Each team will have a chance to score . Any penalty in OT will be replay of down and half the distance to the Goal line.
In the 1st and 2nd and 3rd /4th leagues the coach will be the quarterback. There will be a line with rushing but the QB cant run pass the line of scrimmage. Starting in the 5th grade the players will act as the quarterback.
I. Receivers/Anyone running with the football
1) No jumping
2) No spinning
3) Blocking the flag will be called tightly (if you are running with your hands near your flags, that is considered blocking the flag)
4) The penalty for blocking the flag is 5 yards back from where the flag was blocked
5) A catch is 1 foot in bounds
6) No fumbles
7) 1 timeout in the first half and 1 timeouts for the 2nd half. The timeout does not carry over if not used. Each timeout is for 30 seconds.
1) Both flags must be on each side of the players body
2) Shirts MUST BE TUCKED IN AT ALL TIMES
3) If the ref deems the flag unattainable (flags behind back, shirt tucked out…) the play is dead from the first place the player was touched by the defense
4) If a player without a flag catches the ball, the play is dead from where he caught the ball
5) All defensive players must make a legitimate attempt to grab the flag
6) If an offensive player is near the sidelines, he can be LIGHTLY pushed out of bounds
III. The Offense / Defense :
1. There are 7 players on offense on the field: one quarterback, 2 lineman, 4 receivers – If the other team only has 6 players we will play 6 on 6 .
2. The lineman snapping the ball is not an eligible receiver. If the ineligible receiver gets the ball, no gain and the offense loses that down.
3. After the ball is snapped from the ground, the ref must count to 8 ( new rule*)
then the lineman can cross the line of scrimmage after that count .
4. There is one blitz every four downs. The rusher does have to yell blitz on that play before they cross the line. Any amount of players on defense may blitz. (1 & 2nd grade will not play with blitzing )
5. The quarterback may cross the line even if he is not being rushed but only after the 8 second count and before the 50 yard line. The QB has 20 seconds to throw the ball before he the play is dead
6. First down is at the 50 yard line , once you pass it you can’t get another first down .
7. The D-line cannot line up away from the line
8. Once the ball crosses the goal-line, it is a touchdown.
9. A play is dead as soon as the flag is pulled. The offense than has 20 seconds,( new rule *) which must be counted by the ref to start a new play. We did this so both teams can make a play and noy just go deep .
10. There are no kickoffs in the league . If the team wants to punt on 4th down the other team will get the ball at the 20 yard line – (* new rule )
11. After a flag is pulled the defender must give the flag back or it is a 5yd penalty.
12. No hand offs or any passes behind the line.
13. Pass interference is spot of the foul and no loss of down for the offense.
14. There is no shoving, holding or tackling. This will result in a 5 yard penalty and no loss of down. Same applies to the offense with a loss of down.
15 The QB can only run once every 4 downs or if he is blitzed (*new rule )
16. If a player with the ball is on the ground, he just needs to be touched to be down
17. The first play of each drive The defense has 20 seconds as well
18. If the snap is dropped/mishandled/botched, the play is still live, (not dead) however it just means that the DE’s can go in right away, before the 1-2-3 count is complete (this is not considered a blitz)
19. In the playoffs: Overtime – will be college style rules- each team will start from the 50 yard line, Each team will have a chance to score . Any penalty in OT will be replay of down and half the distance to the Goal line.